Opportunity, as conceived of in ERM discourse, is discussed. Then we improve upon this by presenting the notion of a structured program for innovation.
1. Opportunity - origin of the idea in ERM
2. Opportunity - how can we make sense of the idea?
3. Opportunity - as innovation
a. an established discipline
b. within the grasp of the risk manager; an expanded role
5. Innovation - Free Online Introductory Course
6. Innovation - Paid Course
7. Innovation for Risk Managers - accredited course through RIMS
1. Opportunity is yet another term form the world of finance that requires interpretation for meaningful application in Enterprise Risk Management.
2. Managing opportunity must, in the end, resolve to a structured search and development; i.e., innovation.
3. Innovation courses Edward has online:
- one free introductory;
- a second, paid and in-dept
- a third, accredited for RIMS Fellow designation, by Riosk & Insurance Management Society, New York.
”...risk managers can borrow from the practice of innovation and use a structured method to seek out, evaluate, greenhouse and develop new ideas” (Robertson 2016 p.112)
(E. Robertson 2016) Solving the Enterprise Risk Management Puzzle: Secrets to Successful Implementation
Technology implementation - 3-part discussion, LinkedIn audio posts
innovation - successful tech implementation
Innovation - free introductory course
Innovation - paid course
Innovation for Risk Managers - accredited course
Final Episode: The C-Suite Considers ERMWhat are likely the key questions of senior executive in considering the adoptio
Due Diligence, Risk ID for Major ProjectsDue diligence is not the same as risk assessment, but they are complementary. Le
Is Financial Risk Management Equivalent to ERM?Enterprise Risk Management, for some, consists solely of Financial Risk Manageme