Bio / Publications
Management Consultant, Online Trainer and Facilitator
- Former Director of Human Resources and Strategic Planning;
Innovation and Planning Lead;
Specific Mechanical Systems, Saanichton, BC, specialty metals manufacturing facility.
WINNER Business of the Year 2015, Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce.
- Former Senior Manager for Enterprise Risk Management, Risk Management Branch, Government of British Columbia, 2002-2008. Applied the AS/NZ 4360 standard to develop solutions with clients in multi-stakeholder public policy; examples: Provincial Meat Inspection, Crown Land Compensation Framework, Contaminated Sites Approved Professionals, and Safe Drinking Water Systems. Advised other jurisdictions in Canada and US. Presented results at the ERM Summit in New York.
- Member of CSA technical committee for CAN/CSA-ISO 31000 standard.
- Created examination for Global Risk Management Institute CRM-E designation.
- Developed online courses and delivers workshops for Risk and Insurance Management Society, NY.
- Facilitated risk identification and ERM implementation at Alberta Urban Municipalities Association (AUMA-AMSC); ATB Financial; Vancouver Olympic Organizing Committee; Camosun College; etc.
- Presented at Infonex Public Sector Risk Management Conferences in Ottawa and Victoria.
- Previous positions in BC Government: CIO’s Office; Banking/Cash Management Branch; Information and Privacy. Experience in mechanical design and language instruction. French and Spanish speaker.
1st year coursework – doctoral program in International Business
University of Victoria, 2010
Master of Public Administration
University of Victoria, 2001
Master of Environmental Studies
York University, 1995
Mechanical Eng Tech Diploma
Georgian College, 1987
Honours BA, Political Science
York University, 1980
– Diplôme Spécial d’Etudes Françaises, I.E.E., Montpellier, France;
– Certificate of Bilingual Competence; York University In-Course Scholarship.